Dictionary Results for grant|
1. grant - noun
· any monetary aid
Hypernym(s): aid, economic_aid, financial_aid, assistance, financial_assistance, economic_assistance
2. grant - noun
· the act of providing a subsidy
Synonym(s): subsidization, subsidisation
Hypernym(s): allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
3. grant - noun
· (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
Hypernym(s): transferred_property, transferred_possession
4. grant - noun
· Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978)
Synonym(s): Grant, Duncan_Grant, Duncan_James_Corrow_Grant
5. grant - noun
· United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
Synonym(s): Grant, Cary_Grant
6. grant - noun
· 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885)
Synonym(s): Grant, Ulysses_Grant, Ulysses_S._Grant, Ulysses_Simpson_Grant, Hiram_Ulysses_Grant, President_Grant
7. grant - noun
· a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business; "he got the beer concession at the ball park"
8. grant - noun
· a right or privilege that has been granted
9. grant - verb
· let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
10. grant - verb
· give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff"; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
11. grant - verb
· be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
Synonym(s): concede, yield
Hypernym(s): agree, hold, concur, concord
12. grant - verb
· allow to have; "grant a privilege"
Synonym(s): accord, allot
13. grant - verb
· bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
14. grant - verb
· give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
Synonym(s): concede, yield, cede
15. grant - verb
· transfer by deed; "grant land"
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.