Dictionary Results for freeze|
1. freeze - noun
· the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid
Hypernym(s): cooling, chilling, temperature_reduction, phase_change, phase_transition, state_change, physical_change
2. freeze - noun
· weather cold enough to cause freezing
3. freeze - noun
· an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement; "a halt in the arms race"; "a nuclear freeze"
4. freeze - noun
· fixing (of prices or wages etc) at a particular level; "a freeze on hiring"
Hypernym(s): limitation, restriction
5. freeze - verb
· stop moving or become immobilized; "When he saw the police car he froze"
6. freeze - verb
· change to ice; "The water in the bowl froze"
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
7. freeze - verb
· be cold; "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
8. freeze - verb
· cause to freeze; "Freeze the leftover food"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
9. freeze - verb
· stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it; "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
Hypernym(s): interrupt, break
10. freeze - verb
· be very cold, below the freezing point; "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
11. freeze - verb
· change from a liquid to a solid when cold; "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
Synonym(s): freeze_out, freeze_down
12. freeze - verb
· prohibit the conversion or use of (assets); "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
Synonym(s): block, immobilize, immobilise
Hypernym(s): withhold, keep_back
13. freeze - verb
· anesthetize by cold
Hypernym(s): anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put_under, put_out
14. freeze - verb
· suddenly behave coldly and formally; "She froze when she saw her ex-husband"
Hypernym(s): act, behave, do
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.