Dictionary Results for folding|
1. folding - noun
· the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape; "understanding protein folding is the next step in deciphering the genetic code"
Hypernym(s): organic_process, biological_process
2. folding - noun
· a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
Hypernym(s): geological_process, geologic_process
3. folding - noun
· the act of folding; "he gave the napkins a double fold"
4. fold - verb
· bend or lay so that one part covers the other; "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
Synonym(s): fold_up, turn_up
5. fold - verb
· incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating; "Fold the egg whites into the batter"
Hypernym(s): integrate, incorporate
6. fold - verb
· cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
Synonym(s): close_up, close, shut_down, close_down
7. fold - verb
· confine in a fold, like sheep
Hypernym(s): restrain, confine, hold, constrain
8. fold - verb
· become folded or folded up; "The bed folds in a jiffy"
9. folding - adjective
· capable of being folded up and stored; "a foldaway bed"
Synonym(s): foldable, foldaway
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.