Dictionary Results for focus|
1. focus - noun
· the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
Synonym(s): focusing, focussing, focal_point, direction, centering
Hypernym(s): concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
2. focus - noun
· maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system; "in focus"; "out of focus"
Hypernym(s): distinctness, sharpness
3. focus - noun
· maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea; "the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
Hypernym(s): clarity, lucidity, lucidness, pellucidity, clearness, limpidity
4. focus - noun
· a central point or locus of an infection in an organism; "the focus of infection"
Synonym(s): focal_point, nidus
5. focus - noun
· special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
Hypernym(s): emphasis, accent
6. focus - noun
· a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
7. focus - noun
· a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
8. focus - verb
· direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
Synonym(s): concentrate, center, centre, pore, rivet
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
9. focus - verb
· cause to converge on or toward a central point; "Focus the light on this image"
10. focus - verb
· bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
Synonym(s): concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise
Hypernym(s): align, aline, line_up, adjust
11. focus - verb
· become focussed or come into focus; "The light focused"
Synonym(s): focalize, focalise
Hypernym(s): adjust, conform, adapt
12. focus - verb
· put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Synonym(s): focalize, focalise, sharpen
Hypernym(s): adjust, set, correct
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.