Dictionary Results for flutter|
1. flutter - noun
· the act of moving back and forth
Synonym(s): waver, flicker
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
2. flutter - noun
· abnormally rapid beating of the auricles of the heart (especially in a regular rhythm); can result in heart block
Hypernym(s): cardiac_arrhythmia, arrhythmia
3. flutter - noun
· a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
Synonym(s): disturbance, disruption, commotion, hurly_burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
4. flutter - noun
· the motion made by flapping up and down
Synonym(s): flap, flapping, fluttering
Hypernym(s): wave, undulation
5. flutter - verb
· move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart; "The hummingbird flitted among the branches"
Synonym(s): flit, fleet, dart
Hypernym(s): travel_rapidly, speed, hurry, zip
6. flutter - verb
· move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
Synonym(s): flicker, waver, flitter, quiver
7. flutter - verb
· flap the wings rapidly or fly with flapping movements; "The seagulls fluttered overhead"
Hypernym(s): beat, flap
8. flutter - verb
· beat rapidly; "His heart palpitated"
Hypernym(s): beat, pound, thump
9. flutter - verb
· wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
Hypernym(s): blink, wink, nictitate, nictate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.