Dictionary Results for flop|
1. flop - noun
· an arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers; "this computer can perform a million flops per second"
Hypernym(s): computer_operation, machine_operation
2. flop - noun
· someone who is unsuccessful
Synonym(s): dud, washout
Hypernym(s): failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful_person
3. flop - noun
· a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
Synonym(s): bust, fizzle
4. flop - noun
· the act of throwing yourself down; "he landed on the bed with a great flop"
5. flop - verb
· fall loosely; "He flopped into a chair"
Hypernym(s): collapse, fall_in, cave_in, give, give_way, break, founder
6. flop - verb
· fall suddenly and abruptly
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
7. flop - verb
· fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
Synonym(s): fall_through, fall_flat, founder
Hypernym(s): fail, go_wrong, miscarry
8. flop - adverb
· with a flopping sound; "he tumbled flop into the mud"
9. flop - adverb
· exactly; "he fell flop on his face"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.