1. flood - noun
· the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land; "plains fertilized by annual inundations"
2. flood - noun
· an overwhelming number or amount; "a flood of requests"; "a torrent of abuse"
Hypernym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
3. flood - noun
· light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography
4. flood - noun
· a large flow
5. flood - noun
· the act of flooding; filling to overflowing
6. flood - noun
· the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide); "a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune" -Shakespeare
7. flood - verb
· fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid; "the basement was inundated after the storm"; "The images flooded his mind"
8. flood - verb
· cover with liquid, usually water; "The swollen river flooded the village"; "The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
9. flood - verb
· supply with an excess of; "flood the market with tennis shoes"; "Glut the country with cheap imports from the Orient"
10. flood - verb
· become filled to overflowing; "Our basement flooded during the heavy rains"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.