Dictionary Results for flatter|
1. flatter - verb
· praise somewhat dishonestly
2. flat - adjective
· having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
Synonym(s): level, plane
3. flat - adjective
· having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness; "flat computer monitors"
4. flat - adjective
· not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
Synonym(s): categoric, categorical, unconditional
5. flat - adjective
· stretched out and lying at full length along the ground; "found himself lying flat on the floor"
6. flat - adjective
· lacking contrast or shading between tones
7. flat - adjective
· (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone; "B flat"
Antonym(s): natural, sharp
8. flat - adjective
· flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
9. flat - adjective
· lacking taste or flavor or tang; "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
Synonym(s): bland, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid
10. flat - adjective
· lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
11. flat - adjective
· having lost effervescence; "flat beer"; "a flat cola"
12. flat - adjective
· sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch; "the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
Synonym(s): monotone, monotonic, monotonous
13. flat - adjective
· horizontally level; "a flat roof"
14. flat - adjective
· lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth; "a film with two-dimensional characters"; "a flat two-dimensional painting"
Synonym(s): two-dimensional, 2-dimensional
15. flat - adjective
· not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
Synonym(s): mat, matt, matte, matted
16. flat - adjective
· commercially inactive; "flat sales for the month"; "prices remained flat"; "a flat market"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.