Dictionary Results for flag|
1. flag - noun
· emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design
2. flag - noun
· a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc.
Hypernym(s): list, listing
3. flag - noun
· plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
Synonym(s): iris, fleur-de-lis, sword_lily
4. flag - noun
· a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device
5. flag - noun
· flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
6. flag - noun
· stratified stone that splits into pieces suitable as paving stones
7. flag - noun
· a conspicuously marked or shaped tail
8. flag - verb
· communicate or signal with a flag
Hypernym(s): sign, signal, signalize, signalise
9. flag - verb
· provide with a flag; "Flag this file so that I can recognize it immediately"
10. flag - verb
· droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
Synonym(s): sag, droop, swag
Hypernym(s): sink, drop, drop_down
11. flag - verb
· decorate with flags; "the building was flagged for the holiday"
Hypernym(s): decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
12. flag - verb
· become less intense
Synonym(s): ease_up, ease_off, slacken_off
Hypernym(s): decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.