1. finishing - noun
· a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance); "the boat had a metallic finish"; "he applied a coat of a clear finish"; "when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
2. finishing - noun
· the act of finishing; "his best finish in a major tournament was third"; "the speaker's finishing was greeted with applause"
3. finish - verb
· come or bring to a finish or an end; "He finished the dishes"; "She completed the requirements for her Master's Degree"; "The fastest runner finished the race in just over 2 hours; others finished in over 4 hours"
4. finish - verb
· finally be or do something; "He ended up marrying his high school sweetheart"; "he wound up being unemployed and living at home again"
5. finish - verb
· have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
6. finish - verb
· provide with a finish; "The carpenter finished the table beautifully"; "this shirt is not finished properly"
7. finish - verb
· finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table; "She polished off the remaining potatoes"
8. finish - verb
· cause to finish a relationship with somebody; "That finished me with Mary"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.