Dictionary Results for fat|
1. fat - noun
· a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides); "pizza has too much fat"
Hypernym(s): lipid, lipide, lipoid
2. fat - noun
· a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs; "fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold"
Synonym(s): adipose_tissue, fatty_tissue
3. fat - noun
· excess bodily weight; "she disliked fatness in herself as well as in others"
Synonym(s): fatness, blubber, avoirdupois
4. fat - verb
· make fat or plump; "We will plump out that poor starving child"
Synonym(s): fatten, flesh_out, fill_out, plump, plump_out, fatten_out, fatten_up
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
5. fat - adjective
· having an (over)abundance of flesh; "he hadn't remembered how fat she was"
6. fat - adjective
· having a relatively large diameter; "a fat rope"
7. fat - adjective
· containing or composed of fat; "fatty food"; "fat tissue"
8. fat - adjective
· lucrative; "a juicy contract"; "a nice fat job"
9. fat - adjective
· marked by great fruitfulness; "fertile farmland"; "a fat land"; "a productive vineyard"; "rich soil"
Synonym(s): fertile, productive, rich
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.