Dictionary Results for fake|
1. fake - noun
· something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
Synonym(s): sham, postiche
2. fake - noun
· a person who makes deceitful pretenses
Synonym(s): imposter, impostor, pretender, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role_player
Hypernym(s): deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
3. fake - noun
· (football) a deceptive move made by a football player
4. fake - verb
· make a copy of with the intent to deceive; "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
Synonym(s): forge, counterfeit
5. fake - verb
· tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
Synonym(s): fudge, manipulate, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent
Hypernym(s): cheat, chisel
6. fake - verb
· speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths; "The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
Synonym(s): talk_through_one%27s_hat, bullshit, bull
Hypernym(s): feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble
7. fake - adjective
· fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
Synonym(s): bogus, phony, phoney, bastard
8. fake - adjective
· not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn't fake anything; it's real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"
Synonym(s): false, faux, imitation, simulated
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.