1. extract - verb
· remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
2. extract - verb
· get despite difficulties or obstacles; "I extracted a promise from the Dean for two new positions"
3. extract - verb
· deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning); "We drew out some interesting linguistic data from the native informant"
4. extract - verb
· extract by the process of distillation; "distill the essence of this compound"
5. extract - verb
· separate (a metal) from an ore
6. extract - verb
· obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
7. extract - verb
· take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy
8. extract - verb
· calculate the root of a number
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.