Dictionary Results for exercise|
1. exercise - noun
· the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
Synonym(s): exercising, physical_exercise, physical_exertion, workout
Hypernym(s): effort, elbow_grease, exertion, travail, sweat
2. exercise - noun
· the act of using; "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"
Synonym(s): use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment
3. exercise - noun
· systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
Synonym(s): practice, drill, practice_session, recitation
Hypernym(s): training, preparation, grooming
4. exercise - noun
· a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding; "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
5. exercise - noun
· (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches; "academic exercises"
Hypernym(s): ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial_occasion, observance
6. exercise - noun
· an action, often used negatively and without consequences; "an exercise in futility"; "an exercise in cheap talk"
7. exercise - verb
· put to use; "exert one's power or influence"
Hypernym(s): use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
8. exercise - verb
· carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
Synonym(s): practice, practise, do
9. exercise - verb
· give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind"
Synonym(s): work, work_out
Hypernym(s): work, put_to_work
10. exercise - verb
· do physical exercise; "She works out in the gym every day"
11. exercise - verb
· learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
Synonym(s): drill, practice, practise
Hypernym(s): learn, study, read, take
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.