Dictionary Results for edge|
1. edge - noun
· the boundary of a surface
Hypernym(s): boundary, bound, bounds
2. edge - noun
· a line determining the limits of an area
Synonym(s): boundary, bound
3. edge - noun
· a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object; "he rounded the edges of the box"
4. edge - noun
· the attribute of urgency in tone of voice; "his voice had an edge to it"
5. edge - noun
· a slight competitive advantage; "he had an edge on the competition"
Hypernym(s): superiority, favorable_position, favourable_position
6. edge - noun
· the outside limit of an object or area or surface; a place farthest away from the center of something; "the edge of the leaf is wavy"; "she sat on the edge of the bed"; "the water's edge"
Hypernym(s): limit, demarcation, demarcation_line
7. edge - verb
· advance slowly, as if by inches; "He edged towards the car"
Hypernym(s): advance, progress, pass_on, move_on, march_on, go_on
8. edge - verb
· provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
9. edge - verb
· lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
Synonym(s): border, adjoin, abut, march, butt, butt_against, butt_on
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
10. edge - verb
· provide with an edge; "edge a blade"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.