Dictionary Results for dump|
1. dump - noun
· a coarse term for defecation; "he took a shit"
Hypernym(s): defecation, laxation, shitting
2. dump - noun
· a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
Synonym(s): garbage_dump, trash_dump, rubbish_dump, wasteyard, waste-yard, dumpsite
Hypernym(s): site, land_site
3. dump - noun
· (computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device; sometimes used in debugging programs
Hypernym(s): copy, written_matter
4. dump - noun
· a place where supplies can be stored; "an ammunition dump"
Hypernym(s): storehouse, depot, entrepot, storage, store
5. dump - verb
· throw away as refuse; "No dumping in these woods!"
Hypernym(s): discard, fling, toss, toss_out, toss_away, chuck_out, cast_aside, dispose, throw_out, cast_out, throw_away, cast_away, put_away
6. dump - verb
· sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly; "The company dumped him after many years of service"; "She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
Hypernym(s): get_rid_of, remove
7. dump - verb
· sell at artificially low prices
8. dump - verb
· drop (stuff) in a heap or mass; "The truck dumped the garbage in the street"
9. dump - verb
· fall abruptly; "It plunged to the bottom of the well"
10. dump - verb
· knock down with force; "He decked his opponent"
Synonym(s): deck, coldcock, knock_down, floor
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.