Dictionary Results for drum|
1. drum - noun
· a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end
Synonym(s): membranophone, tympan
Hypernym(s): percussion_instrument, percussive_instrument
2. drum - noun
· the sound of a drum; "he could hear the drums before he heard the fifes"
3. drum - noun
· a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
4. drum - noun
· a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids
5. drum - noun
· a hollow cast iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes
6. drum - noun
· small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise
Hypernym(s): sciaenid_fish, sciaenid
7. drum - verb
· make a rhythmic sound; "Rain drummed against the windshield"; "The drums beat all night"
Synonym(s): beat, thrum
Hypernym(s): sound, go
8. drum - verb
· play a percussion instrument
9. drum - verb
· study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
Synonym(s): cram, grind_away, bone_up, swot, get_up, mug_up, swot_up, bone
Hypernym(s): study, hit_the_books
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.