Dictionary Results for divided|
1. divide - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
Synonym(s): split, split_up, separate, dissever, carve_up
2. divide - verb
· perform a division; "Can you divide 49 by seven?"
Hypernym(s): calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work_out, reckon, figure
3. divide - verb
· act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
4. divide - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
Synonym(s): separate, part
5. divide - verb
· make a division or separation
6. divide - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
Synonym(s): separate, disunite, part
Hypernym(s): move, displace
7. divided - adjective
· separated into parts or pieces; "opinions are divided"
8. divided - adjective
· having a median strip or island between lanes of traffic moving in opposite directions; "a divided highway"
9. divided - adjective
· distributed in portions (often equal) on the basis of a plan or purpose
Synonym(s): divided_up, shared, shared_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.