Dictionary Results for dispatch|
1. dispatch - noun
· an official report (usually sent in haste)
Synonym(s): despatch, communique
Hypernym(s): report, news_report, story, account, write_up
2. dispatch - noun
· the act of sending off something
Synonym(s): despatch, shipment
Hypernym(s): departure, going, going_away, leaving
3. dispatch - noun
· the property of being prompt and efficient; "it was done with dispatch"
Synonym(s): despatch, expedition, expeditiousness
Hypernym(s): celerity, quickness, rapidity, rapidness, speediness
4. dispatch - noun
· killing a person or animal
Hypernym(s): killing, kill, putting_to_death
5. dispatch - verb
· send away towards a designated goal
Synonym(s): despatch, send_off
Hypernym(s): transport, send, ship
6. dispatch - verb
· complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
Synonym(s): discharge, complete
Hypernym(s): carry_through, accomplish, execute, carry_out, action, fulfill, fulfil
7. dispatch - verb
· kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
Synonym(s): murder, slay, hit, bump_off, off, polish_off, remove
8. dispatch - verb
· dispose of rapidly and without delay and efficiently; "He dispatched the task he was assigned"
Hypernym(s): act, move
9. dispatch - verb
· kill without delay; "the traitor was dispatched by the conspirators"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.