Dictionary Results for dish|
1. dish - noun
· a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food; "we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
Hypernym(s): crockery, dishware, container
2. dish - noun
· a particular item of prepared food; "she prepared a special dish for dinner"
Hypernym(s): nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
3. dish - noun
· the quantity that a dish will hold; "they served me a dish of rice"
4. dish - noun
· a very attractive or seductive looking woman
Synonym(s): smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap
Hypernym(s): woman, adult_female
5. dish - noun
· directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
Synonym(s): dish_aerial, dish_antenna, saucer
6. dish - noun
· an activity that you like or at which you are superior; "chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
Synonym(s): cup_of_tea, bag
7. dish - verb
· provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
Synonym(s): serve, serve_up, dish_out, dish_up
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
8. dish - verb
· make concave; shape like a dish
Hypernym(s): shape, form
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.