Dictionary Results for development|
1. development - noun
· act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining; "he congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency"; "they funded research and development"
2. development - noun
· a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage); "the development of his ideas took many years"; "the evolution of Greek civilization"; "the slow development of her skill as a writer"
Hypernym(s): process, physical_process
3. development - noun
· (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level; "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
Synonym(s): growth, growing, maturation, ontogeny, ontogenesis
Hypernym(s): organic_process, biological_process
4. development - noun
· a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation; "recent developments in Iraq"; "what a revolting development!"
Hypernym(s): change, alteration, modification
5. development - noun
· the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful; "the development of Alaskan resources"; "the exploitation of copper deposits"
Hypernym(s): use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise
6. development - noun
· a district that has been developed to serve some purpose; "such land is practical for small park developments"
Hypernym(s): district, territory, territorial_dominion, dominion
7. development - noun
· a state in which things are improving; the result of developing (as in the early part of a game of chess); "after he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter"; "in chess your should take care of your development before moving your queen"
Hypernym(s): improvement, melioration
8. development - noun
· processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible; "the development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
9. development - noun
· (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated
Hypernym(s): section, subdivision
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.