Dictionary Results for crushed|
1. crush - verb
· come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority; "The government oppresses political activists"
Synonym(s): oppress, suppress
2. crush - verb
· to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
Synonym(s): squash, squelch, mash, squeeze
3. crush - verb
· come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
Synonym(s): beat, beat_out, shell, trounce, vanquish
Hypernym(s): get_the_better_of, overcome, defeat
4. crush - verb
· break into small pieces; "The car crushed the toy"
Hypernym(s): break_up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
5. crush - verb
· humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
Hypernym(s): humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
6. crush - verb
· crush or bruise; "jam a toe"
Hypernym(s): bruise, contuse
7. crush - verb
· make ineffective; "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
8. crush - verb
· become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure; "The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
9. crushed - adjective
· treated so as to have a permanently wrinkled appearance; "crushed velvet"
10. crushed - adjective
· subdued or brought low in condition or status; "brought low"; "a broken man"; "his broken spirit"
Synonym(s): broken, humbled, humiliated, low
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.