Dictionary Results for cracking|
1. cracking - noun
· a sudden sharp noise; "the crack of a whip"; "he heard the cracking of the ice"; "he can hear the snap of a twig"
Synonym(s): crack, snap
2. cracking - noun
· the act of cracking something
Synonym(s): fracture, crack
Hypernym(s): breakage, break, breaking
3. cracking - noun
· the process whereby heavy molecules of naphtha or petroleum are broken down into hydrocarbons of lower molecular weight (especially in the oil-refining process)
Hypernym(s): chemical_process, chemical_change, chemical_action
4. crack - verb
· become fractured; break or crack on the surface only; "The glass cracked when it was heated"
Synonym(s): check, break
5. crack - verb
· make a very sharp explosive sound; "His gun cracked"
Hypernym(s): sound, go
6. crack - verb
· make a sharp sound; "his fingers snapped"
Hypernym(s): sound, go
7. crack - verb
· hit forcefully; deal a hard blow, making a cracking noise; "The teacher cracked him across the face with a ruler"
8. crack - verb
· pass through (a barrier); "Registrations cracked through the 30,000 mark in the county"
9. crack - verb
· break partially but keep its integrity; "The glass cracked"
Hypernym(s): crack, check, break
10. crack - verb
· break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension; "The pipe snapped"
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
11. crack - verb
· gain unauthorized access computers with malicious intentions; "she cracked my password"; "crack a safe"
Hypernym(s): break_in, break
12. crack - verb
· suffer a nervous breakdown
Synonym(s): crack_up, crock_up, break_up, collapse
Hypernym(s): suffer, sustain, have, get
13. crack - verb
· tell spontaneously; "crack a joke"
Hypernym(s): tell, narrate, recount, recite
14. crack - verb
· cause to become cracked; "heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
15. crack - verb
· reduce (petroleum) to a simpler compound by cracking
Hypernym(s): decompose, break_up, break_down
16. crack - verb
· break into simpler molecules by means of heat; "The petroleum cracked"
17. cracking - adjective
· very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"; "we had a grand old time"
Synonym(s): bang-up, bully, corking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not_bad, peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing, old
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.