Dictionary Results for coupling|
1. coupling - noun
· a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
Hypernym(s): connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
2. coupling - noun
· a mechanical device that serves to connect the ends of adjacent objects
3. coupling - noun
· the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
Synonym(s): mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual_union
Hypernym(s): sexual_activity, sexual_practice, sex, sex_activity
4. couple - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
Synonym(s): match, mate, pair, twin
5. couple - verb
· link together; "can we couple these proposals?"
Synonym(s): couple_on, couple_up
6. couple - verb
· form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
Synonym(s): pair, pair_off, partner_off
Hypernym(s): unite, unify
7. couple - verb
· engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
Synonym(s): copulate, mate, pair
Hypernym(s): join, conjoin
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.