Dictionary Results for couple|
1. couple - noun
· a pair who associate with one another; "the engaged couple"; "an inseparable twosome"
Synonym(s): twosome, duo, duet
2. couple - noun
· a pair of people who live together; "a married couple from Chicago"
Synonym(s): mates, match
Hypernym(s): family, family_unit
3. couple - noun
· a small indefinite number; "he's coming for a couple of days"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
4. couple - noun
· two items of the same kind
Synonym(s): pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad
Hypernym(s): two, 2, II, deuce
5. couple - noun
· (physics) something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
Hypernym(s): unit, building_block
6. couple - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
Synonym(s): match, mate, pair, twin
7. couple - verb
· link together; "can we couple these proposals?"
Synonym(s): couple_on, couple_up
8. couple - verb
· form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
Synonym(s): pair, pair_off, partner_off
Hypernym(s): unite, unify
9. couple - verb
· engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
Synonym(s): copulate, mate, pair
Hypernym(s): join, conjoin
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.