1. control - verb
· exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces"
2. control - verb
· lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
3. control - verb
· handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
4. control - verb
· maintain influence over (others or oneself) skillfully, usually to one's advantage; "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn't let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
5. control - verb
· check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
6. control - verb
· place under restrictions; limit access to by law; "this substance is controlled"; "that area is restricted to security personnel only"
7. control - verb
· verify by using a duplicate register for comparison; "control an account"
8. control - verb
· be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
9. control - verb
· have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
10. controlling - adjective
· able to control or determine policy; "a controlling interest in the firm"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.