1. contingent - noun
· a gathering of persons representative of some larger group; "each nation sent a contingent of athletes to the Olympics"
2. contingent - noun
· a temporary military unit; "the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"
3. contingent - adjective
· possible but not certain to occur; "they had to plan for contingent expenses"
4. contingent - adjective
· being determined by conditions or circumstances that follow; "arms sales contingent on the approval of congress"
5. contingent - adjective
· uncertain because of uncontrollable circumstances; "the results of confession were not contingent, they were certain"- George Eliot
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.