1. contend - verb
· maintain or assert; "He contended that Communism had no future"
2. contend - verb
· have an argument about something
3. contend - verb
· to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation; "They contested the outcome of the race"
4. contend - verb
· succeed in doing, achieving, or producing (something) with the limited or inadequate means available; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
5. contend - verb
· compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others
6. contend - verb
· be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight; "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.