Dictionary Results for connect|
1. connect - verb
· connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
Synonym(s): link, tie, link_up
2. connect - verb
· make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
Synonym(s): associate, tie_in, relate, link, colligate, link_up
Hypernym(s): think, cogitate, cerebrate
3. connect - verb
· be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
Synonym(s): link, link_up, join, unite
4. connect - verb
· join by means of communication equipment; "The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
5. connect - verb
· land on or hit solidly; "The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
Hypernym(s): hit, strike, impinge_on, run_into, collide_with
6. connect - verb
· join for the purpose of communication; "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
7. connect - verb
· be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation; "The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"; "The planes don't connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
8. connect - verb
· establish a rapport or relationship; "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
9. connect - verb
· establish communication with someone; "did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?"
Synonym(s): get_in_touch, touch_base
10. connect - verb
· plug into an outlet; "Please plug in the toaster!"; "Connect the TV so we can watch the football game tonight"
Synonym(s): plug_in, plug_into
Hypernym(s): insert, infix, enter, introduce
11. connect - verb
· hit or play a ball successfully; "The batter connected for a home run"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.