Dictionary Results for commission|
1. commission - noun
· a special group delegated to consider some matter; "a committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours" - Milton Berle
Hypernym(s): administrative_unit, administrative_body
2. commission - noun
· a fee for services rendered based on a percentage of an amount received or collected or agreed to be paid (as distinguished from a salary); "he works on commission"
3. commission - noun
· the act of granting authority to undertake certain functions
Hypernym(s): authorization, authorisation, empowerment
4. commission - noun
· the state of being in good working order and ready for operation; "put the ships into commission"; "the motor was out of commission"
5. commission - noun
· a group of representatives or delegates
Synonym(s): deputation, delegation, delegacy, mission
Hypernym(s): organization, organisation
6. commission - noun
· a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something; "the judge's charge to the jury"
Synonym(s): charge, direction
Hypernym(s): command, bid, bidding, dictation
7. commission - noun
· an official document issued by a government and conferring on the recipient the rank of an officer in the armed forces
Hypernym(s): certificate, certification, credential, credentials
8. commission - noun
· the act of committing a crime
Synonym(s): perpetration, committal
Hypernym(s): crime, criminal_offense, criminal_offence, law-breaking
9. commission - noun
· a special assignment that is given to a person or group; "a confidential mission to London"; "his charge was deliver a message"
Synonym(s): mission, charge
Hypernym(s): assignment, duty_assignment
10. commission - verb
· put into commission; equip for service; of ships
Hypernym(s): equip, fit, fit_out, outfit
11. commission - verb
· place an order for
12. commission - verb
· charge with a task
Hypernym(s): authorize, authorise, pass, clear
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.