Dictionary Results for coloring|
1. coloring - noun
· a digestible substance used to give color to food; "food color made from vegetable dyes"
Synonym(s): colouring, food_coloring, food_colouring, food_color, food_colour
Hypernym(s): foodstuff, food_product
2. coloring - noun
· a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; "a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
Synonym(s): color, colour, colouring
3. coloring - noun
· the act or process of changing the color of something
4. color - verb
· add color to; "The child colored the drawings"; "Fall colored the trees"; "colorize black and white film"
Synonym(s): colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color_in, colour_in
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
5. color - verb
· affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
Synonym(s): tinge, colour, distort
Hypernym(s): affect, impact, bear_upon, bear_on, touch_on, touch
6. color - verb
· modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
7. color - verb
· decorate with colors; "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
Synonym(s): colour, emblazon
Hypernym(s): decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
8. color - verb
· give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
Synonym(s): colour, gloss
Hypernym(s): apologize, apologise, excuse, rationalize, rationalise
9. color - verb
· change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored"
Synonym(s): discolor, discolour, colour
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.