Dictionary Results for colored|
1. color - verb
· add color to; "The child colored the drawings"; "Fall colored the trees"; "colorize black and white film"
Synonym(s): colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color_in, colour_in
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
2. color - verb
· affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
Synonym(s): tinge, colour, distort
Hypernym(s): affect, impact, bear_upon, bear_on, touch_on, touch
3. color - verb
· modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
4. color - verb
· decorate with colors; "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
Synonym(s): colour, emblazon
Hypernym(s): decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
5. color - verb
· give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
Synonym(s): colour, gloss
Hypernym(s): apologize, apologise, excuse, rationalize, rationalise
6. color - verb
· change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored"
Synonym(s): discolor, discolour, colour
7. colored - adjective
· having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination; "colored crepe paper"; "the film was in color"; "amber-colored heads of grain"
Synonym(s): coloured, colorful
8. colored - adjective
· having skin rich in melanin pigments;
Synonym(s): coloured, negro
9. colored - adjective
· favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
Synonym(s): biased, coloured, one-sided, slanted
10. colored - adjective
· (used of color) artificially produced; not natural; "a bleached blonde"
Synonym(s): bleached, coloured, dyed
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.