Dictionary Results for cloud|
1. cloud - noun
· any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible
2. cloud - noun
· a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude
3. cloud - noun
· out of touch with reality; "his head was in the clouds"
Hypernym(s): unreality, irreality
4. cloud - noun
· a cause of worry or gloom or trouble; "the only cloud on the horizon was the possibility of dissent by the French"
Hypernym(s): gloom, gloominess, glumness
5. cloud - noun
· suspicion affecting your reputation; "after that mistake he was under a cloud"
6. cloud - noun
· a group of many things in the air or on the ground; "a swarm of insects obscured the light"; "clouds of blossoms"; "it discharged a cloud of spores"
Hypernym(s): group, grouping
7. cloud - verb
· make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
8. cloud - verb
· make less visible or unclear; "The stars are obscured by the clouds"; "the big elm tree obscures our view of the valley"
Synonym(s): obscure, befog, becloud, obnubilate, haze_over, fog, mist
Hypernym(s): hide, conceal
9. cloud - verb
· billow up in the form of a cloud; "The smoke clouded above the houses"
Hypernym(s): billow, wallow
10. cloud - verb
· make gloomy or depressed; "Their faces were clouded with sadness"
Hypernym(s): affect, impress, move, strike
11. cloud - verb
· place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
Synonym(s): defile, sully, corrupt, taint
Hypernym(s): mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
12. cloud - verb
· make less clear; "the stroke clouded memories of her youth"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
13. cloud - verb
· colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
Synonym(s): mottle, dapple
14. cloud - verb
· make milky or dull; "The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.