Dictionary Results for clog|
1. clog - noun
· footwear usually with wooden soles
Synonym(s): geta, patten, sabot
Hypernym(s): footwear, footgear
2. clog - noun
· any object that acts as a hindrance or obstruction
Hypernym(s): hindrance, hinderance, hitch, preventive, preventative, encumbrance, incumbrance, interference
3. clog - noun
· a dance performed while wearing shoes with wooden soles; has heavy stamping steps
Synonym(s): clog_dance, clog_dancing
Hypernym(s): tap_dancing, tap_dance
4. clog - verb
· become or cause to become obstructed; "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"; "The water pipe is backed up"
Synonym(s): choke_off, clog_up, back_up, congest, choke, foul
Hypernym(s): obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close_up
5. clog - verb
· dance a clog dance
Hypernym(s): dance, trip_the_light_fantastic, trip_the_light_fantastic_toe
6. clog - verb
· impede the motion of, as with a chain or a burden; "horses were clogged until they were tamed"
Hypernym(s): restrain, encumber, cumber
7. clog - verb
· impede with a clog or as if with a clog; "The market is being clogged by these operations"; "My mind is constipated today"
Hypernym(s): slow, slow_down, slow_up
8. clog - verb
· coalesce or unite in a mass; "Blood clots"
9. clog - verb
· fill to excess so that function is impaired; "Fear clogged her mind"; "The story was clogged with too many details"
Hypernym(s): fill, fill_up, make_full
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.