Dictionary Results for climb|
1. climb - noun
· an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
Synonym(s): ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, upgrade
Hypernym(s): slope, incline, side
2. climb - noun
· an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
Synonym(s): climbing, mounting
Hypernym(s): rise, rising, ascent, ascension
3. climb - noun
· the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
Hypernym(s): rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
4. climb - verb
· go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
Synonym(s): climb_up, mount, go_up
Hypernym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
5. climb - verb
· move with difficulty, by grasping
6. climb - verb
· go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
Synonym(s): wax, mount, rise
7. climb - verb
· slope upward; "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
Hypernym(s): slope, incline, pitch
8. climb - verb
· improve one's social status; "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
Hypernym(s): progress, come_on, come_along, advance, get_on, get_along, shape_up
9. climb - verb
· increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
Synonym(s): rise, go_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.