1. calling - noun
· the particular occupation for which you are trained
2. call - verb
· assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
3. call - verb
· ascribe a quality to or give a name of a common noun that reflects a quality; "He called me a bastard"; "She called her children lazy and ungrateful"
4. call - verb
· get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
5. call - verb
· utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
6. call - verb
· order, request, or command to come; "She was called into the director's office"; "Call the police!"
7. call - verb
· pay a brief visit; "The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
8. call - verb
· call a meeting; invite or command to meet; "The Wannsee Conference was called to discuss the `Final Solution'"; "The new dean calls meetings every week"
9. call - verb
· read aloud to check for omissions or absentees; "Call roll"
10. call - verb
· send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message; "Hawaii is calling!"; "A transmitter in Samoa was heard calling"
11. call - verb
· utter a characteristic note or cry; "bluejays called to one another"
12. call - verb
· stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather; "call a football game"
13. call - verb
· greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
14. call - verb
· make a stop in a harbour; "The ship will call in Honolulu tomorrow"
15. call - verb
· demand payment of (a loan); "Call a loan"
16. call - verb
· make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands; "He called his trump"
17. call - verb
· give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance
18. call - verb
· indicate a decision in regard to; "call balls and strikes behind the plate"
19. call - verb
· make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
20. call - verb
· require the presentation of for redemption before maturation; "Call a bond"
21. call - verb
· challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense; "He deserves to be called on that"
22. call - verb
· declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee; "call a runner out"
23. call - verb
· lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal; "Call ducks"
24. call - verb
· order or request or give a command for; "The unions called a general strike for Sunday"
25. call - verb
· order, summon, or request for a specific duty or activity, work, role; "He was already called 4 times for jury duty"; "They called him to active military duty"
26. call - verb
· utter in a loud voice or announce; "He called my name"; "The auctioneer called the bids"
27. call - verb
· challenge the sincerity or truthfulness of; "call the speaker on a question of fact"
28. call - verb
· consider or regard as being; "I would not call her beautiful"
29. call - verb
· rouse somebody from sleep with a call; "I was called at 5 A.M. this morning"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.