Dictionary Results for button|
1. button - noun
· a round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
2. button - noun
· an electrical switch operated by pressing; "the elevator was operated by push buttons"; "the push beside the bed operated a buzzer at the desk"
Synonym(s): push_button, push
Hypernym(s): switch, electric_switch, electrical_switch
3. button - noun
· any of various plant parts that resemble buttons
Hypernym(s): plant_part, plant_structure
4. button - noun
· a round flat badge displaying information and suitable for pinning onto a garment; "they passed out campaign buttons for their candidate"
5. button - noun
· a female sexual organ homologous to the penis
Synonym(s): clitoris, clit
6. button - noun
· a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
7. button - noun
· any artifact that resembles a button
Hypernym(s): artifact, artefact
8. button - verb
· provide with buttons; "button a shirt"
9. button - verb
· fasten with buttons; "button the dress"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.