Dictionary Results for bridge|
1. bridge - noun
· a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
Hypernym(s): structure, construction
2. bridge - noun
· a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
Hypernym(s): circuit, electrical_circuit, electric_circuit
3. bridge - noun
· something resembling a bridge in form or function; "his letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
Hypernym(s): connection, connexion, connectedness
4. bridge - noun
· the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose; "her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
Hypernym(s): structure, anatomical_structure, complex_body_part, bodily_structure, body_structure
5. bridge - noun
· any of various card games based on whist for four players
Hypernym(s): card_game, cards
6. bridge - noun
· a wooden support that holds the strings up
7. bridge - noun
· a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
Hypernym(s): denture, dental_plate, plate
8. bridge - noun
· the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
Hypernym(s): link, linkup, tie, tie-in
9. bridge - noun
· an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
10. bridge - verb
· connect or reduce the distance between
Hypernym(s): connect, link, tie, link_up
11. bridge - verb
· make a bridge across; "bridge a river"
12. bridge - verb
· cross over on a bridge
Hypernym(s): traverse, track, cover, cross, pass_over, get_over, get_across, cut_through, cut_across
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.