Dictionary Results for breathe|
1. breathe - verb
· draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs; "I can breathe better when the air is clean"; "The patient is respiring"
Synonym(s): take_a_breath, respire, suspire
2. breathe - verb
· be alive; "Every creature that breathes"
Hypernym(s): exist, survive, live, subsist
3. breathe - verb
· impart as if by breathing; "He breathed new life into the old house"
Hypernym(s): instill, transfuse
4. breathe - verb
· allow the passage of air through; "Our new synthetic fabric breathes and is perfect for summer wear"
5. breathe - verb
· utter or tell; "not breathe a word"
Hypernym(s): express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give_tongue_to
6. breathe - verb
· manifest or evince; "She breathes the Christian spirit"
7. breathe - verb
· take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
Synonym(s): rest, catch_one%27s_breath, take_a_breather
Hypernym(s): pause, intermit, break
8. breathe - verb
· reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked; "This rare Bordeaux must be allowed to breathe for at least 2 hours"
Hypernym(s): oxidize, oxidise, oxidate
9. breathe - verb
· expel (gases or odors)
Synonym(s): emit, pass_off
Hypernym(s): exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.