Dictionary Results for born|
1. born - noun
· British nuclear physicist (born in Germany) honored for his contributions to quantum mechanics (1882-1970)
Synonym(s): Born, Max_Born
2. bear - verb
· have; "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature"
Hypernym(s): have, feature
3. bear - verb
· cause to be born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Synonym(s): give_birth, deliver, birth, have
Hypernym(s): produce, bring_forth
4. bear - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Synonym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put_up
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
5. bear - verb
· move while holding up or supporting; "Bear gifts"; "bear a heavy load"; "bear news"; "bearing orders"
Hypernym(s): transport, carry
6. bear - verb
· bring forth; "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
Hypernym(s): make, create
7. bear - verb
· take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
Synonym(s): take_over, accept, assume
8. bear - verb
· contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
Synonym(s): hold, carry, contain
9. bear - verb
· bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
Synonym(s): yield, pay
Hypernym(s): gain, take_in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull_in, bring_in
10. bear - verb
· have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
Hypernym(s): have, feature
11. bear - verb
· behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
Synonym(s): behave, acquit, deport, conduct, comport, carry
Hypernym(s): hold, carry, bear, act, move
12. bear - verb
· have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
Hypernym(s): have, have_got, hold
13. bear - verb
· support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"
Synonym(s): hold, carry
14. bear - verb
· be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
Synonym(s): have_a_bun_in_the_oven, carry, gestate, expect
Hypernym(s): give_birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
15. born - adjective
· brought into existence; "he was a child born of adultery"
16. born - adjective
· being talented through inherited qualities; "a natural leader"; "a born musician"; "an innate talent"
Synonym(s): natural, innate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.