1. black - noun
· the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
2. black - noun
· total absence of light; "they fumbled around in total darkness"; "in the black of night"
3. black - noun
· British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799)
4. black - noun
· popular child actress of the 1930's (born in 1928)
5. black - noun
· a person with African ancestry, "Negro" and "Negroid" are archaic and pejorative today
6. black - noun
· (board games) the darker pieces
7. black - noun
· black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning); "the widow wore black"
8. black - verb
· make or become black; "The smoke blackened the ceiling"; "The ceiling blackened"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.