Dictionary Results for bell|
1. bell - noun
· a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
Hypernym(s): acoustic_device, signaling_device
2. bell - noun
· a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
Synonym(s): doorbell, buzzer
Hypernym(s): push_button, push, button
3. bell - noun
· the sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
4. bell - noun
· (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
Hypernym(s): time_unit, unit_of_time
5. bell - noun
· the shape of a bell
Synonym(s): bell_shape, campana
Hypernym(s): curve, curved_shape
6. bell - noun
· a phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
Synonym(s): Bell, Melville_Bell, Alexander_Melville_Bell
7. bell - noun
· English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
Synonym(s): Bell, Vanessa_Bell, Vanessa_Stephen
8. bell - noun
· United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
Synonym(s): Bell, Alexander_Bell, Alexander_Graham_Bell
9. bell - noun
· a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
Synonym(s): chime, gong
Hypernym(s): percussion_instrument, percussive_instrument
10. bell - noun
· the flared opening of a tubular device
11. bell - verb
· attach a bell to; "bell cows"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.