1. bate - verb
· moderate or restrain; lessen the force of; "He bated his breath when talking about this affair"; "capable of bating his enthusiasm"
2. bate - verb
· flap the wings wildly or frantically; used of falcons
3. bate - verb
· soak in a special solution to soften and remove chemicals used in previous treatments; "bate hides and skins"
4. bat - verb
· strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
5. bat - verb
· wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
6. bat - verb
· have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
7. bat - verb
· use a bat; "Who's batting?"
8. bat - verb
· beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
9. bated - adjective
· diminished or moderated; "our bated enthusiasm"; "his bated hopes"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.