Dictionary Results for ball|
1. ball - noun
· round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games; "the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
2. ball - noun
· a solid projectile that is shot by a musket; "they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
Hypernym(s): shot, pellet
3. ball - noun
· an object with a spherical shape; "a ball of fire"
Synonym(s): globe, orb
4. ball - noun
· the people assembled at a lavish formal dance; "the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
5. ball - noun
· one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens; "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
Synonym(s): testis, testicle, orchis, ballock, bollock, nut, egg
Hypernym(s): male_reproductive_gland, gonad, sex_gland
6. ball - noun
· a spherical object used as a plaything; "he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
Hypernym(s): plaything, toy
7. ball - noun
· United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
Synonym(s): Ball, Lucille_Ball
8. ball - noun
· a compact mass; "a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
Synonym(s): clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk
9. ball - noun
· a lavish dance requiring formal attire
10. ball - noun
· a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass; "the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
Hypernym(s): structure, anatomical_structure, complex_body_part, bodily_structure, body_structure
11. ball - noun
· a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs; "he played baseball in high school"; "there was a baseball game on every empty lot"; "there was a desire for National League ball in the area"; "play ball!"
Synonym(s): baseball, baseball_game
Hypernym(s): ball_game, ballgame
12. ball - noun
· a pitch that is not in the strike zone; "he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
Hypernym(s): pitch, delivery
13. ball - verb
· form into a ball by winding or rolling; "ball wool"
Hypernym(s): wind, wrap, roll, twine
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.