Dictionary Results for average|
1. average - noun
· a statistic describing the location of a distribution; "it set the norm for American homes"
2. average - noun
· (sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities
3. average - noun
· an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual; "he is about average in height"; "the snowfall this month is below average"
4. average - verb
· amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain; "The number of hours I work per work averages out to 40"
Hypernym(s): total, number, add_up, come, amount
5. average - verb
· achieve or reach on average; "He averaged a C"
Hypernym(s): achieve, accomplish, attain, reach
6. average - verb
· compute the average of
Hypernym(s): calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work_out, reckon, figure
7. average - adjective
· approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value; "the average income in New England is below that of the nation"; "of average height for his age"; "the mean annual rainfall"
8. average - adjective
· lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered; "average people"; "the ordinary (or common) man in the street"
9. average - adjective
· lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best"
Synonym(s): fair, mediocre, middling
10. average - adjective
· around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
Synonym(s): intermediate, medium
11. average - adjective
· relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution; "the modal age at which American novelists reach their peak is 30"
12. average - adjective
· relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values); "the median value of 17, 20, and 36 is 20"; "the median income for the year was $15,000"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.