Dictionary Results for ascending|
1. ascending - noun
· the act of changing location in an upward direction
Synonym(s): rise, ascent, ascension
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
2. ascend - verb
· travel up; "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
3. ascend - verb
· go back in order of genealogical succession; "Inheritance may not ascend linearly"
Hypernym(s): go_back, date_back, date_from
4. ascend - verb
· become king or queen; "She ascended to the throne after the King's death"
Hypernym(s): accede, enter
5. ascend - verb
· appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils; "the vine climbed up the side of the house"
6. ascend - verb
· go along towards (a river's) source; "The boat ascended the Delaware"
Hypernym(s): follow, travel_along
7. ascend - verb
· slope upwards; "The path ascended to the top of the hill"
Hypernym(s): slope, incline, pitch
8. ascend - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
Synonym(s): rise, come_up, uprise
Hypernym(s): rise, lift, arise, move_up, go_up, come_up, uprise
9. ascend - verb
· move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown"
Synonym(s): move_up, rise
10. ascending - adjective
· moving or going or growing upward; "the ascending plane"; "the ascending staircase"; "the ascending stems of chickweed"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.