Dictionary Results for Buck|
1. Buck - noun
· a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
Synonym(s): vaulting_horse, long_horse, buck
Hypernym(s): horse, gymnastic_horse
2. Buck - noun
· a piece of paper money worth one dollar
Synonym(s): dollar, dollar_bill, one_dollar_bill, buck, clam
Hypernym(s): bill, note, government_note, bank_bill, banker%27s_bill, bank_note, banknote, Federal_Reserve_note, greenback
3. Buck - noun
· United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
Synonym(s): Pearl_Buck, Pearl_Sydenstricker_Buck
4. Buck - noun
· a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
Synonym(s): sawhorse, horse, sawbuck, buck
Hypernym(s): framework, frame
5. Buck - noun
· mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
Hypernym(s): placental, placental_mammal, eutherian, eutherian_mammal
6. Buck - verb
· to strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
Hypernym(s): endeavor, endeavour, strive
7. Buck - verb
· resist; "buck the trend"
Synonym(s): buck, go_against
Hypernym(s): react, oppose
8. Buck - verb
· move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
Synonym(s): tear, shoot, shoot_down, charge, buck
Hypernym(s): rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt_along, rush_along, cannonball_along, bucket_along, belt_along, step_on_it
9. Buck - verb
· jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
Synonym(s): buck, jerk, hitch
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.